TWH/Clemson $1,000 Slam
March 29, 2017 at 8:00 p.m.: See 6 prolific spoken word geniuses compete for $1,000; Kung Fu Cantina, 101 Keith St., Clemson, S.C. (Free and open to the public)
Summer Retreat Series
March 1, 2017 applications will open for three themed small group weekends of writing.
February 9 and 10, 2017: 2 Evening Salons (workshops) and 2 After Hours Parties, 1499 Massachusetts Ave, NW DC. Reserve your workshop spot today.
TWH/Clemson $1,000 Slam (online)
January 15, 2017: Deadline to submit to compete.
Graduation, Keynote Speech, and Fellows Reading
December 29, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.: Sharan Strange, TWH Graduates and Fellows, Santee State Park, 251 State Park Rd, Santee, S.C. 29142. Come to the Village Round across from Cabin 20. (Free and open to the public)
The Ecotone Magazine Faculty Reading
December 27, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.: Evie Shockley, Bettina Judd, Dasan Ahanu, and L. Lamar Wilson, Santee State Park, 251 State Park Rd, Santee, S.C. 29142. Come to the Village Round across from Cabin 20. (Free and open to the public)
TWH Winter Retreat
December 26-30, 2016: Sixty poets of color will be building tribe, learning craft, and growing together through workshops, lectures, group work, readings, etc. at this winter’s retreat. Applications to participate will be open from May 1 to August 1, 2017.
12 Days of Christmas Give-Aways (online)
December 13-24, 2016: Like and Follow our brand new Facebook Page to get 12 days of free resources from The Watering Hole. (Free and open to the public)
This retreat is funded in part
- by a grant from South Arts, in partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and The South Carolina Arts Commission,
- by a grant from the S.C. Humanities Council, a state program of the National Endowment for the Humanities,
- by a grant from The South Carolina Arts Commission, which receives support from the National Endowment for the Arts and the S.C. General Assembly,
- by a sponsorship from Ecotone, the literary magazine that seeks to reimagine place, published by the Department of Creative Writing at UNC Wilmington. https://ecotonemagazine.org
- and by pivotal support from private donors like you.