CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FEBRUARY 15
Tulsa Modern Movement (TuMM) is a 501(c)3 non-profit dance company making original dance productions for stages and public spaces, often in collaboration with artists from different disciplines and backgrounds. More at www.tummdance.org.
Tulsa Modern Movement is looking for written works about love. The chosen works will be included in a dance production premiering spring 2020, which will be performed by a small cast of female dancers/actors. We would like to include works with different perspectives on romantic love (not familial or love of animals, etc.) written in the first-person. Love interests of any gender, sexuality, or relationship type (polyamory, etc.).
Submissions may be any genre of storytelling (plays, dialogue, non-fiction, fiction, flash fiction, prose, autobiographical, songs, poems, etc.) of between 100 and 3,000 words. We love work that includes dialogue. Stories can be tender, humorous, sexy, remorseful, etc. and can have variety in mood within them. We seek works that sound personal, have quick to moderate pacing, present emotional complexity, and use poetic language.
We may ask writers to make edits upon acceptance. Writers will be credited in the playbill and in any media including their work. We ask that you license the work to Tulsa Modern Movement and Ari Christopher for reproduction in any media related to the dance product and/or repeat performances. An honorarium of 20 cents per word will be provided. (Payment is based on the number or words accepted, not the number submitted.)
Submit to www.twhpoetry.submittable.com/ by Feb 15, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time
No application fee through Feb. 1st. Fee is $10 from Feb. 2nd to 15th.
- Previously published works accepted.
- Up to three submissions welcomed. Submit each work as a separate submission.
- Include the page number in the bottom right footer.
- First and last name in the bottom right footer.
- 1 inch margins
- Optional: If your work has a performance emphasis, you’re invited to include an audio recording (or link to audio) along with the written form if you prefer to share a specific delivery or cadence. It doesn’t need to be professional. It just needs to be clear.
Writers will be contacted by Feb. 20, and must be available to submit rewrites within a week.
Please, contact Tulsa Modern Movement with questions at www.tummdance.org/contact.